All guidance is applicable for fixtures and events taking place from 15th December until 5th January 2022, when we expect the next Government update.
Following the latest announcement from the UK government on Wednesday 7th December 2021, only customers attending fixtures with crowds of more than 4,000 people will be required to provide a Covid Pass. Under 16s are exempt.
What this means:
Only customers attending our fixture on Wednesday 29 December 2021 will be required to provide a Covid Pass. A Covid Pass is simply either proof of your Vaccination Certificate or proof of a negative Covid lateral flow test. Please click here to find out more about Covid Passes.
Customers attending any other upcoming fixture, excluding Wednesday 29th December 2021 at Doncaster Racecourse, ARE NOT REQUIRED to provide a Covid Pass to attend as we will ensure our upcoming events will not go over the 4,000 capacity. We recommend customers book their tickets in advance to ensure they can attend and avoid any disappointment.
Your safety is our priority and all events will be run in accordance with the latest government advice and guidelines. We encourage all visitors to behave responsibly and follow our guidelines below:
- Face Masks: Face masks are recommended to be worn in all inside and crowded areas. These are no longer mandatory but are recommended for the safety of your fellow racegoers. Face masks are available at the racecourse but we advise staff and customers who wish to wear one to bring their own.
- Sanitising Stations: Racegoers should maintain regular hand washing and sanitising using the on-site stations. Please bring your own pocket santiser if possible.
- Lateral Flow Tests: Although not mandatory, we encourage all attendees to carry out a Lateral Flow test before attending fixtures and events. Please do not attend if you have any COVID 19 symptoms and get a PCR Test straight away.
- Social Distancing: Please be respectful of all racegoers and mindful of everyone's personal space and boundaries.
- Card Only Bars: All bars and food outlets are cashless and will be accepting card and contactless payments only. On-course bookmakers will still be accepting cash. As there are no cash machines on the racecourse, please bring cash with you if this is your preferred payment method with bookmakers.
We ask everybody to work together along with our staff and stewards to ensure a safe and thoroughly enjoyable event for all.
Still got a question? Please check out the detailed FAQs:
What about staff, will they be wearing a face covering?
As with spectators, face masks are recommended to be worn in all inside and crowded areas. These are not mandatory so are to be worn at the discretion of the employee.
There are stricter mask protocols for sports participants and staff working in protected areas. Please click here for more information.
Do children need a Covid Pass?
Children aged under 16 are exempt and do not need to provide a Covid Pass.
Will a testing facility be available at the racecourse?
At this stage, there will not be a testing facility available at the racecourse.
What facilities will be on course to help with sanitation?
We will continue to provide stations for racegoers to sanitise their hands, with alcoholic hand gel stations and washbasin facilities provided. We also request that customers bring their own pocket sanitizer gel where possible.
Can I purchase extra tickets on the day?
Yes! Online tickets remain open during each fixture and can be used to purchase tickets on the day of racing. You can also buy a ticket on the gate. We recommend customers book their tickets in advance to ensure they can attend and avoid any disappointment.
Will the raceday experience be as it was pre-Covid?
We have been working hard alongside the Government, local health authorities and safety groups to safely allow racegoers to return. We are confident that racegoers will enjoy a familiar environment with all of the usual elements that are loved about a raceday: seeing elite thoroughbred racehorses and elite athletes, fantastic food & beverage choices and a variety of betting options. We ask that racegoers remain considerate of their fellow racegoers and respect the environment that they are in for the enjoyment and safety of all on course.
For other FAQs, such what to wear, how to find us and what to bring, please click here.