With the government confirming South Yorkshire will be placed under Tier 3 restrictions from Saturday 24th October, Doncaster Racecourse wanted to let our customers and clients know the impact these will have on the business operating:
Horse Racing Fixtures
- Upcoming horse racing fixtures, including Saturday’s highly anticipated Group 1 Vertem Futurity Trophy Stakes, will continue to take place behind closed doors with stringent safety measures imposed for participants. All the action will be shown live on Sky Sports Racing and from 1.30pm on ITV Racing.
We are pleased to be able to continue to welcome Owners, with horses running at that meeting, to watch their horses run.
In light of these restrictions, we would ask that all owners planning on attending Doncaster Racecourse do so in accordance with the latest guidelines for their area.
Please be aware that owners that do wish to attend the racecourse will be asked to comply with Tier 3 restrictions, including:
- All owners attending the racecourse must complete the Covid-19 learning module, available via the ROA website. In addition, they may have to undertake health questions and a temperature check on arrival.
- All owners attending must bring Photo ID, please also bring your PASS Card if you have one.
- You must only travel and mix with other members of your household or bubble whilst on your way to, and at the racecourse – this applies to both inside and outside areas
- A complimentary lunch will be served in the owners’ facility.
- All food and drink will be table served
- Please wear a face-covering in all inside areas, including on arrival and exit, unless seated at your table
We would respectfully request that owners do not pass their unused badges to those without horses competing that day or to other racegoers. This is a breach of the current restriction imposed by the UK, Wales and Scottish governments on spectators attending all sports events behind closed doors, whatever Tier they are in.
Hilton Garden Inn
- Doncaster Racecourse’s onsite hotel remains open, including the gym facility
- The hotel restaurant remains open for diners, who will be able to also purchase an alcoholic drink alongside a substantial meal.
The enhanced lockdown measures in the area are due to take effect from 9am on Saturday 24th October until further notice.
Please be assured that all of the above will take place in accordance with the latest safety advice and government guidelines. To ensure you feel safe and secure at our racecourse, we have a range of new measures and procedures in place and we ask that all customers and guests visiting the racecourse follow the guidelines we’ve put in place as well as taking heed of their own local lockdown measures; including adhering to our Code Of Conduct and registering for the NHS Track & Trace when entering the racecourse.
Thank you to all of our customers for their continued support during these challenging times