#FearlessFashion announced as the style theme for 2021
Doncaster Racecourse encourages a rainbow of colour to celebrate the NHS
On Thursday 9th September, stylish racegoers will return to Doncaster Racecourse for one of the Cazoo St Leger Festival highlights – Ladies Day. Drawn by the competitive racing, striking fashion, delicious food, unbeatable atmosphere and, of course, the popular Style Awards, this year, the most stylish racegoer embracing the #fearlessfashion Style Code will win a total prize worth £1000.
Taking place on day two of the prestigious Cazoo St Leger Festival, stylish outfits and beautiful headwear will be in abundance on Ladies Day as racegoers put their best shoes forward to impress the judges of the annual Style Awards, which is open to all to enter. This year, the Style Awards judges want racegoers to embrace #FearlessFashion – the theme for the competition – and dress in all the colours of the rainbow as the track looks to show thanks to the NHS.
Alongside the release of the 2021 Style Guide by Sarah Kate Byrne, stylist to ITV Racing Presenter, Francesca Cumani, the #FearlessFashion theme not only encourages people to wear colourful and bold designs but also to embrace their own sense of style by having fun and feeling confident with their outfits. Up for grabs is a huge £1,000 cash prize. Plus, the winner will get all the kudos and publicity associated with winning the annual Style Awards at Doncaster Racecourse’s Ladies Day.
The winner of the Doncaster Style Awards also gets entered into the Go Racing In Yorkshire Ladies Day Final at Doncaster on Saturday 23rd October where they’ll have hospitality for the day. The overall winner of the Go Racing In Yorkshire Ladies Day Final will receive a beautiful piece of diamond jewellery worth approximately £2,000 from LoveVintageDiamonds.com, a two night break at the stunning Best Western Premier Mount Pleasant Hotel for two adults, to include a luxury fruit basket and Espa gift bag, champagne and chocolates on arrival, dinner in the Garden Restaurant on both evenings, dining from the Table D’Hote menu plus a bottle of house wine, full English breakfast on both mornings with late check-out and a £500 voucher to spend at ladies boutique Incognito in Bawtry.
While there will be plenty of style, glamour and excitement off the track, racegoers will also be treated to exciting races on the track, plus a variety of delicious food and drink. For sheer spectacle, atmosphere and excitement, a day at Doncaster Racecourse is a tradition that is hard to beat.
Rachel Harwood, Executive Director of Doncaster Racecourse, said: “The key to a successful St Leger Ladies Day outfit this year will be colour as we try to deliver the biggest rainbow to show our thanks to the local NHS teams who have worked so hard to keep us safe and get us back racing.
“With Covid putting a halt to many special occasions and events, Ladies Day gives people a much-needed excuse to dust off their favourite outfit from the back of the wardrobe. I’m looking forward to seeing all of our customers looking fantastic, particularly this year, when no one’s had much of a reason to put on anything fancy and I’m sure our customers won’t disappoint!”
Registration to enter the Style Awards is free for all racegoers who simply attend the dedicated area on the day to have their picture taken. The shortlist of the 10 best outfits will then be invited for the final judging where the winning outfit will be selected.
Tickets to all four days of the Cazoo St Leger Festival taking place from Wednesday 8 – Saturday 11 September are now on sale and can be bought online from www.doncaster-racecourse.co.uk.
Terms And Conditions:
- The Promoter is Doncaster Racecourse, Leger Way, Doncaster, DN2 6BB
- Staff, immediate family members or ambassadors of the Promoter, sponsors and partners are not eligible to enter.
- The competition is free to enter and is open to all.
- All entries may be entered into a database and the Promoter and/or partners may use contestants’ names and contact details for future marketing purposes, unless notified to the contrary by the contestant at the time of entry.
- Contestants agree that their image may be used by the Promoter or and partners for future marketing purposes.
- The winner will be required to take part in relevant publicity.
- The Judges will be looking for a unique outfit based on the following criteria:
- Embrace the rainbow and go colourful to thank the NHS by creating a rainbow of colour.
- Know your dress code and choose an outfit appropriate for your enclosure.
- Push the boat out, don’t be afraid to go large with a headpiece or a bold dress design.
- Consider borrowing, re-using or making over buying everything brand new.
- Wear an outfit appropriate for the weather on the day.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any contestant that is deemed to be too intoxicated to participate.
- The Promoter shall select the judging panel and the judges’ decision will be final.
- Contestants must be 18 years of age or more on the day of the event.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- Contestants and/or their outfit are not permitted to commercially promote a brand, store or design.
- Contestants may not enter on behalf of a third party.
- Contestants must not receive any compensation or payment from a third party for entering the competition.
- Entry is solely via registering on the day in person at the Style Awards flower wall near the Parade Ring.
- The decision of the Promoter is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.